EMACT Member Assistance Grants
Please Note: The Member Assistance Grant Program is suspended for the 2018-19 Season to allow EMACT to implement our new online system for DASH submissions and administration. We anticipate resuming the program with the 2019-20 season.
Mission: The mission of the EMACT Member Assistance Grant is to foster development of member theater groups by awarding grants to support the continued improvement of the overall theater experience at the member’s location. Grants may be awarded to Member Theater groups (in good standing) who have been EMACT members in good standing for the three prior consecutive fiscal years.
Grant Amounts: Up to three grants of up to $1,000 each may be awarded to Member groups who apply in a given EMACT Fiscal Year. Grants are awarded based on the approval of an application by the EMACT Board of Directors to groups exhibiting fiscal solvency that also demonstrate a financial need for the grant.
Use of Grants: Grants may be used for a capital project that will enhance the overall theater experience for the audience members. Examples of enhancements are as follows:
- Member group A wishes to improve lighting equipment, adding instruments, dimmers and/or a computerized board to be able to successfully execute more sophisticated lighting plots
- Member group B wishes to remodel lobby area to provide handicapped access.
- Member group C wishes to improve seating area.
- The Member group submits an application (EMACT form), which shall include a description of the project and how the project supports the mission of the Grant program, the financial need underlying the application, and the name, title and contact information for the applicant.
- The application shall be accompanied by financial statements (balance sheet and income statement) from the most recent fiscal year, an estimate of the total cost of the project, and the timeframe for completion.
- The application deadline is March 30, 2018 for review at EMACT’s April Board meeting.
- The application and financials shall be submitted to a designated representative of the EMACT Board of Directors, who will present the application to the Board for approval.
- The decision to award the grant rests exclusively with the EMACT Board of Directors based on the guidelines in this document.
- A check for 50% of the grant shall be delivered to the Member group upon approval of the grant. The remainder of the grant proceeds will be delivered after delivery by the Member group to EMACT the following items: (a) receipts for the cost of the project, (b) a statement of total project costs, and (c) a statement that the project is complete.
- The EMACT Board of Directors shall reserve the right to do “before and after” inspections to verify the completion of the project funded by the grant.
- Member groups are eligible to receive only one (1) grant every three (3) EMACT Fiscal years.
- The EMACT Board of Directors reserves the right to suspend the EMACT Member Assistance Grant program without notice.
Member Assistance Grant Application (Word)