EMACT First Annual Mini-Festival and Workshop Day
Cary Memorial Library, Estabrook Hall and Battin Hall
Saturday, October 7, 2017. 8:00 AM -5:00 PM.
The purpose of the Mini-Festival is for member groups to present cuttings of current productions or festival pieces that would be appropriate for an AACT festival cycle. This day provides the opportunity to experience the theatre festival environment without the stress of a REAL festival.
The rules are simple:
- NO SET!
- NO COSTUMES!
- Furniture may be used, but must be portable (we don’t have storage).
- All groups will work with a rep plot.
- Sound cues must be portable.
- NO REHEARSAL at the space…we will forward a diagram of the stage.
- May use curtains.
- May hold books; no need to memorize the entry.
- May not exceed 60 minutes in length.
- Entry will be assessed by an adjudicator(s) hired by EMACT.
- Each presentation will be followed by a brief 15-minute adjudication.
- Pre-registration is required.
- Permission and/or rights to perform the work must be secured.
This mini-festival/workshop is being sponsored for educational purposes for our members. At the end of the day, qualified adjudicators will announce the top three entries of the day.
Interspersed during the day will be a series of theatre workshops, taught by theatre educators from the Boston-area. Participants must be members of EMACT. Pricing is still being determined, but a small nominal entry fee will be charged for the event to cover the cost of professionals hired to deliver workshops and manage the mini-theatre festival. The day will be organized so that all attendees will be able to see each entry.
EMACT has also arranged for lunch for participants at area restaurants (details to follow) or you may bring your beverage and food to eat.
Registration will be opening soon!