EMACT First Annual Mini-Festival and Workshop Day
Cary Memorial Library, Estabrook Hall and Battin Hall
Saturday, October 7, 2017. 8:00 AM -5:00 PM.
Group Submission Pre-registration is OPEN! Please download the registration form here.
The purpose of the Mini-Festival is for member groups to present cuttings of current productions or festival pieces that would be appropriate for an AACT festival cycle. This day provides the opportunity to experience the theatre festival environment without the stress of a REAL festival.
The rules are simple:
- NO SET!
- NO COSTUMES!
- NO REHEARSAL at the space. Groups will be sent a diagram of the stage & layout.
- Furniture may be used, but must be portable (There is no onsite storage).
- All groups will work with a rep plot.
- Sound cues must be portable.
- May use curtains.
- May hold scripts. No need to memorize the entry.
- May not exceed 60 minutes in length.
- Each performance entry will be followed by a brief 15-minute adjudication by Fran Weinberg, Festival Adjudicator
- Permission and/or rights to perform the work must be secured.
- Group registration is required. Click here for the registration form.
This mini-festival/workshop is being sponsored for educational purposes for EMACT members. Interspersed during the day will be a series of theatre workshops, taught by theatre educators & professionals from the Boston-area. Participating groups must be current 2017-2018 members of EMACT. The day will be organized so that all attendees will be able to see each entry.
A $25 entry fee will be charged for the event to cover the cost of adjudication and management of the Mini-Festival & Conference. See further registration & payment details on the registration form available below.
Entries will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis.
Group Submission Pre-Registration is OPEN! Please download the registration form here.